Thread: 240 General: - New (to me) 1980 Volvo 244
View Single Post
Old Aug 3rd, 2021, 10:46   #2603
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Welcome back to reality Alan!

I've never understood women and their eyebrows - others even go so far as to pluck theirs out then have them tattoo'd back on!

Also a bit dubious about Will Trickett and Gus Gregory and what they achieve. Will Trickett is an engineer and had (still has?) his own engineering shop and was often seen helping Kevin McCloud when he was doing the series about off-grid living in a shed in a remote field somewhere.

As for Gus Gregory, he's a former photographer who although willing and enthusiastic, doesn't seem to have the knowledge and/or aptitude to diagnose cars and their foibles. Case in point was he stripped out the entire gear linkage on a cable operated gear shift (FWD car) because the gear lever motion was stiff to renew the cables. All it needed was some lube on the ball/socket the gear lever sits in. Could have been fixed in 10 minutes but he wasted a day doing something unnecessary!

As for wrapping that MR2, i wonder how many takes it took and how many rolls of film they scrapped!?!?!?!?
... a bit like Wheeler Dealers, I wonder how much backroom work it takes to make that programme :-)

You may be right about needing quite a bit of spare vinyl to get it looking right on the MR2 (or maybe some professional car wrapping mate gave them a hand?).

:-)