View Single Post
Old Dec 24th, 2022, 18:22   #6
Hugh Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandys View Post
From what I have read it's 14.9kWh usable on the 18.8, there'll be 10-15% charging losses from ac-dc all dependant on state of battery, temp etc.

to get upwards of 20+kWh in would suggest ~50% losses in your case, well out of whack, did you have morning pre-conditioning on or something perhaps that will pull from wall rather than battery?

Work out what your average house baseload is over night without charging, smart meter should be able to help you with that, mine is quite high at 200w/hr on average doing nothing (routers and other gear etc that runs 24/7), which is 2kWh for 10hrs overnight but there will be points when the fridge freezer kicks in etc and it'll double for a period, or when the heating comes on and the pump needs an additional ~100-150w.

Using a smart plug testing my fridge freezer it is the highest 24 hour consumer in my house

I'm definately sad enough to be checking this stuff and will do so when I get mine in a couple of weeks, I've done an audit of the whole house to check for unecessary consumers and where I can cut back I'm that sad
I am equally sad and I am eagerly awaiting my XC60 Recharge Plus due in next couple of weeks. The ship arrived in Bristol on 21st. I’ll be comparing cost of charging with cost of petrol. I’m having solar panels and batteries installed later next year so it can then be charged from either solar or night time cheap rate.
Hugh Williams is offline   Reply With Quote