View Single Post
Old Apr 16th, 2020, 21:33   #17
seanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomtail View Post
The MAF sensor was changed when this whole thing started. I haven't unplugged to see if it does anything now.
As far as I remembe all the hoses looked fine and I think the mechanic would have also spotted if there would had been anything wrong when he was fixing the engine. I will double check though.
No idead about the TMAP sensor. Haven't checked it nor heard that it could cause issues. Will check however.

BTW, which vida/dice do you have? I was thinking I might get one. Also, is it possible that a diagnostics at my mechanics might have missed some fault codes because the car was sitting still and not on a machine to drive it like in volvo dealership services?
I saw you'd replaced it, it's worth a try - it's free! Mine drives pretty much the same with it unplugged, although it does rev higher on startup until it settles down.

I have a Dice (clone I believe) unit purchased from cheshired5 and he sent a copy of Vida 2014D. That's the latest version usable without a subscription. It's usable and lots of interesting diagnostics in there.

You didn't mention what version of the diesel engine you have?

Out of curiosity, how much did your transmission re-build cost?