View Single Post
Old Apr 21st, 2022, 20:23   #1
judgeman

Default Pre ‘15 or Post ‘15?

So this I know is probably subjective and dependent on the vehicle(s) looked at. But I’m wanting to go back to an XC90 (currently on a 67 plate XC60). But not wanting to spend up. In fact as I still have some finance on the XC60 part of me is thinking take the equity out and reduce the debt.

So the question is, buy a pre 2015 model XC90 with 50-60k on the clock (appears to be some good examples for sale, so far as photos on Autotrader show), typically around the £15-£17k for a late model good spec, good condition.

OR

Go for a post 2015 model XC90 with up to 100k on the clock, decent spec, but expect to pay around £27k or so.

E.G., low mileage older car, or high mileage newer car?

I still love the shape and specs of the old XC90, and having owned one for 6 years previously I know what I’m getting.

I have a current design XC, so again, know the specs and capabilities.

I would love to get rid of the finance, and prepared to spend on any repairs if going for an older car (e.g. 2013/2014 model). A big part of me thinks that an 8-9 year old XC90 with 50-60k on the clock is still potentially a very, very good and reliable car.

Your thoughts?
judgeman is offline   Reply With Quote