Thread: "New" Sat Nav?
View Single Post
Old Mar 16th, 2016, 20:27   #16
graym

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB-UK View Post
Okay - does anyone have the new XC90 sat-nav, and can they confirm whether it is an improvement over the previous "crap-nav" as I described in the original post?

For a start, at a roundabout, does it give you the name or number of the road you must take, or the direction "towards", after telling you which number exit to use?
The new XC90 sat nav is crap in my opinion. Looks nice and will get you where you want to go - as long as you don't mind heading into traffic jams and finding the slowest way possible. Traffic doesn't work at all. I had hoped that by connecting the internet on my phone or adding a data SIM in the boot, it would mean traffic re-routing would finally work, but nope, it makes no difference to the route. It will even show you the traffic as red lines on the map and then head straight into it.
I find the Waze app to be by far the best nav system for navigating around London. The ETAs are pretty much bang on, and it will show all hold-ups, police, closed roads and roadworks. Also as it's community based, you get updates along the way from other users.
If anyone knows how to get traffic working on the Volvo - please share!!!
graym is offline   Reply With Quote