View Single Post
Old Apr 1st, 2022, 08:40   #10
JonMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchingfoo View Post
Call didn't go well. They asked me to take it in for diagnostics. I told them that diagnostics aren't going to deliver the missing 11 kWhs advertised that aren't installed on my car.

If you have a 67kWh (usable) p6, you will never get the advertised combined range even when driving at 30 miles an hour on the flat at 23C.

Here's some maths:

Their documentation states a power economy of 3.2 - 3.3 miles per kWh.

Their advertised electric range is 257 miles.

For a 67 kWh usable battery at 3.3 miles/kWh that gives us a maximum theoretical range of 221 (recognise this value from the cars range app?)

For a 78 kWh battery at 3.3 miles per kWh that gives us a maximum theoretical range of 257.4 miles (recognise this from the advertising?)

It's not immediately clear where the error that led to the smaller car battery or incorrect advertising took place, but it is completely clear that the car that has been delivered to me is not the one I paid for.

I've submitted a complaint under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 and asked for my contract to be cancelled and the car returned, or some equal resolution.
Thanks for the update.

Hmm…”take it in for…” seems to be the response for anything they can’t resolve over the phone. Guess it’s good the dealerships are getting some additional income as I assume each visit is reimbursed!

It sounds like they are avoiding the issue, as clearly diagnostics will not identify any problem other than it’s got a smaller battery than claimed!? So whilst probably a waste of time for all, maybe a step we all have to go through?

It’s a shame as in every other way the car is generally great and we are really enjoying ours which is only on the 3 month cbv pending arrival later this year of a P8 factory order on cbv. If the P6 was on the 3 year cbv or owned outright we’d probably go down the same route as you.

Let us know how things progress. Hope it gets resolved.
JonMW is offline   Reply With Quote