View Single Post
Old Sep 19th, 2022, 08:29   #2
Joe Harding
Premier Member

Okay, my experience of LPG is limited to single point system on my old 340 but here's what I have found to date.

LPG if it is set up right shouldn't need much doing apart from the LPG filter changing (once in 5 years in my instance) but you will lose the gas in the lines which freezes everything on release so do it on a warm day.

The fuel burn is so clean the engine needs less servicing. The oil comes out the same colour it went in so possible to extend change interval.

The bug is the HT. Because LPG is dry it does not load the spark so the HT climbs much higher and can cause tracking. On my old system this can be in the distributor and leads. You will probably not have to worry about more than changing the plugs.

See on a thread in this section about using smaller plug gap.

And if you have valvesaver, just check it hasn't clogged. If it's like our set up it will have a little clear tube so you can see the drop rate. 8 drops a minute is sufficient. Of all things this could be the one to ensure it is working because if your valves begin to erode their seats you're in for a lot of remedial work.

Thinks that's all.