View Single Post
Old Jun 17th, 2020, 21:25   #124
CosmicBike

I wasn't going to bed without this sorted! I had found the parts needed to create a means of filling via the drain plug, but that would have been a bit of a pain, and would also mean no magnetic plug.

Out with the drill, and I started with a grease covered 2mm bit and a magnet. Went in really easy for 10mm or so then became very tough, so I gradually upped to 6mm, always grease covered. Looking at a new drain plug it would seem I had hit the magnetic part, didn't expect that on a fill plug...

Rather than continue drilling, I figured I had a good enough hole to try an easi-out. Never had much luck with them, but the biggest one was a good fit. With a suitable socket on a 3/8 ratchet it wasn't moving. Blowtorch out again, this time remembering it's only a butane job as the MAP is broken, so left on for quite some time, along with 'bouncing' on the ratchet. Hurrah! A wonderful sound of the plug cracking and out she came!!. New ones fitted with copper slip and only nipped up for now. Happy days.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fill Plug.jpg (361.8 KB, 18 views)
CosmicBike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CosmicBike For This Useful Post: