View Single Post
Old Jun 20th, 2021, 11:07   #506
TomSaintJames

Thanks Thekilt and Dave, I love the Saab - I think it uses LH2.4 too, they seem to have come with one of four different management systems! The photo is very flattering for it, it is quite tidy but a bit tatty and needing love, the bonnet and bootlid have laquer peel in places and it has the odd scrape or dent that has been touched up (rather poorly!). It hasn't been used much over the last few years I think so needs a bit of love! Once the hearse is on the road and the BX is sorted (classic Citroen road trip in France next May), I can give it the love it needs The prices do seem to be on the up for these, especially the turbo's which seem to go for anything upto and over 10k I snagged this one for about 3k which I think is a fairly good deal, especially with the aero wheels which can fetch 1.5k by themselves apparently!

It is the N/A 2.0, but with the 16 valves, especially when driving solo, i don't think it really needs a turbo as it has plenty of go once you rev it It is a nice engine with some lovely noise when flat out, it sounds distinctly old fashioned like a carburetted 60s/70s british triumph/MG etc. Interestingly most people who chat to me about it ask if it is a 71 or 72 with an L suffix plate!

The spacer sounds like a grand idea Dave, saves me spending ages winding each wheel nut down the entire thread and back. The spacer bolts just wouldn't sit in the grooves by hand and I didn't want to force them in so new ones ordered.

A shame you don't think you'll be able to make the event Dave, I suppose it is quite far for most to come all the way down here!
1991 Saab 900i 2.0 16v Convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE
TomSaintJames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomSaintJames For This Useful Post: