View Single Post
Old Oct 17th, 2023, 13:20   #15
Luxobarge
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Padrino View Post
Hi Luxobarge, it is shame I can't read any fault codes with my OBDII reader. Can you recommend one that won't cost hundreds of pounds that can read codes off a 1998 vintage? I'll have a go at cleaning the left ABS sensor first. It 'should' be fine as it is new and was only installed in July 2023. The front reluctor rings I've had checked and were reported fine. Are there any more differences between the left and right front ABS sensors, apart from the left one driving the speedo?
OK, there's another thread on here about ABS light by Duke1 who said he'd put a new sensor in it. However, when he found that the code consistently pointed at that sensor, he had another look and found that being an aftermarket sensor it had a slightly different plastic moulding shape where it sits in the steering knuckle, something like an extra bit of plastic was protruding, and preventing the sensor from sitting down properly, so it didn't work. I think he removed/smoothed the extraneous bit of plastic so it sat in its mount properly and the ABS light went out and stayed out. If you've fitted a "new" sensor, worth checking this very thoroughly IMHO.

This is the thread from Duke1, well worth you having a read through this:
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=335591

Last edited by Luxobarge; Oct 17th, 2023 at 13:22.
Luxobarge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Luxobarge For This Useful Post: