View Single Post
Old Mar 3rd, 2021, 08:44   #12925
clarkey1984
Premier Member

It's mot week, Friday is the day, I now have three days off work including Friday in order to get everything that I know it needs done, which is...

Both rear droplink rubbers are completely dead, the link and boot are fine, its the rubber part that clamps each side of the ARB that are wrecked.

Replace the catalytic converter, although I stupidly bought one that doesn't have the threaded hole for the O2 sensor, so it's time to get miggy with it.

Headlight alignment is hilariously low, primarily because the bracket responsible for the self levelling on the rear suspension arm has rotted off, more mig fun.

Brake pipes front to back have light surface rust, I know they're structurally sound as I've been monitoring them, they just look manky though.

While not rotten, pretty much the whole underside of the car is a little orange as it has light surface rust, so the whole car is getting either a two pack epoxy (duraplate) or some zinc based cold galvanising aerosol, I haven't decided which yet, probably the latter though as it dries quicker.

Drivers side steering gaitor is torn, access is impossible to clip it to the rack though so fitting the new one will be fun.

Possibly need a driver's side outer CV boot, I'm praying that the grease on the inside of the wheel is from before I changed the track rod ends and bottom arms as they were both leaking before.

Drivers seatbelt torn up because of the trim, new one kindly supplied by donaldcurrie from here.

Wish me luck lol