View Single Post
Old Nov 13th, 2023, 08:46   #1
Minguen

Default v50 2.0 litre limp mode

I bought this 2010 vehicle 2 years ago with 75k miles.
From the outset the "Engine system service required" message kept coming up intermittently. The car ran fine and only a couple of times did it go into limp mode., but when I switched ignition off and then started again it ran fine.
In march this year I took it to a volvo stealership to read the codes and clear the above message. They said that the dpf needed replacing as did the auto dosing module and tank (eolys I think) £1800!
Had the work done but the message came back again - couldn't go back to them as had to take car abroad for the summer. Difference now is that it only seems to come back with motorway driving (but not every time) about 4 -5 times and the message is not stored at all.
Yesterday it came up again and went into limp mode. Won't rev above 3k rpm but still drives fine at low revs.
I'm near Colchester and wonder if anyone fairly local has the software to check it over rather than take it back to the stealership.
P.s.
Should there be bubbles in fuel line from filter to fuel pump? Only asking as feels like fuel starvation symptom.
Couldn't upload file as mp4 not listed!
Thanks for any help.
Minguen is offline   Reply With Quote