View Single Post
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 20:13   #27
minesa240x3
loyalty

I must confess I haven't had any issues yet with parking mine but sooner or later I will get a ticket.As we go shopping quite late on a saturday there aren't many cars(or people)so theres plenty of room.Also the supermarket parking inforcing officers don't seem to be about then.
I did ask one attendant in a pay and display what he thought and he said "no problem mate it's within the white lines so no problem"Well it was but there was no box line in other words it only had side lines.A lot I have noticed have a boxed white line so if your outside it then your not within the parking bayWhen I park in morrisons or sainsbury's it takes up two spaces as I have to put the wheels into the bay in front.

The other thing the pay and display bloke didn't realisewas that there is a wieght limit in most car parks as well.Mine wieghs 2250Kg so a bit heavier than most.
As most of the carpark attenders are a bit like traffic wardens so I must have met the only nice one Lol.

I think once I get mine looking more like a mayors car then I stand more chance of avoiding them.Bonnet emblem and crest on the roof and centre doors etc.Oh and a couple of flags up the front Lol.

Wish I had bought the 760 limo that was on here but the cost of fuelling it and the increased cost of insurance put me off.Plus I thought of changing to a b230 but most insurance companies wont touch a modified car these days.
Basically they don't like "different".

Still very nice cars but without knowing how bad they are then a bit of a risk.

Regards Brian.
Is that right that the V6 only does 18Mpg ouch.Well I read that on the 264 site.The guy fitted a yank motor V8 and got 22Mpg and on a long run 25mpg.

Last edited by minesa240x3; Sep 26th, 2011 at 20:18. Reason: Forgot the MPG.
minesa240x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to minesa240x3 For This Useful Post: