View Single Post
Old Nov 22nd, 2021, 17:55   #8
Sotosound
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpest View Post
Thanks everybody!

All good information.
Guys at the workshop looked for any dead animals, didn't find any. Cabin filter was replaced 2 months ago by myself and the mechanics checked that place also - nothing out of ordinary. I'm going to check the windscreen washer system - although I topped it up few weeks ago, the nozzles do seem to be a bit clogged, maybe there is something up with that.

About the smell intensity - the sulphuric smell is not always there. If I sit in the car in the morning, I can't smell it but it comes up suddenly while driving. Sometimes I haven't noticed any regularities with it but I'm trying to. It seems that you get use to it and after a while it doesn't smell so intense. I'll keep you updated if I find anything.

Transmission and rear diff fluids were changed about 35000 miles ago. So another change/flush is my plans but hard to believe that the issue is there, but who knows.
If the smell comes up suddenly while you are driving then perhaps it is coming in through the ventilation system. If so, then it could be a smell being generated outside the passenger compartment and drawn in by the fan.
Sotosound is offline   Reply With Quote