View Single Post
Old Aug 4th, 2022, 22:19   #1
lumisoft

Default XC90 2005 D5 - weird power steering issue

Good day. New here. Have digged through a lot of forums here and I do suspect that I might need to change the steering rack - but still - my issue doesn't seem to match completelly with others. So - when steering at least 45 degrees to either side - it feels like the power steering is trying to push the steering wheel back. It happens only when I am going at least 20mph. When stationary or going below 20mph - power steering is light and works smooth with no issues. Other issue - when starting - I get Anti Skid temparary off warning - but as soon as power steering starts to play it - warning turns into anti-skid service required. I really don't know if they are related to power steering issue. Looked at getting Dice - nothing available nearby - so have no way of scanning - nor any indie garage to ask for. Suspect that anti-skid is related to steering wheel angle sensor - though - don't know how it could relate to power steering. I did read somewhere that there are 2003 Volvo XC90 that have speed realted power steering - have no clue on how to check that - though think it's only on T6's. Recently changed Power Steering pump - made little to no difference - have to mention that the steering rack is clean - no leaks anywhere. A bit confused on what's going on here. Any ideas appreciated!
lumisoft is offline   Reply With Quote