Thread: TRACS/ABS: 70: - ABS at slow speeds
View Single Post
Old Mar 27th, 2021, 16:20   #14
malc-c
Master Member

Hi Martin,

I also think that it's down to the individual's circumstances and tools available. In the past whilst living at my parents old house we had a garage, jacks, ramps and hoists and I would think nothing of swapping over gearboxes between two Vivas one afternoon and then driving down to Brighton the next day. These days the car is parked on a fairly busy road (bus route too) and I no longer have access to all the tools etc (that my brother took with him when he moved out). I'm sure if I had the space, and the tools then I would be more inclined to have a bash at some of these repairs.

The other advantage of using a decent garage is that if it goes wrong days later you have some form of redress to have it sorted at no additional cost. Not that I've ever had to do that where this garage is concerned. The chap that runs it is an excellent mechanic and all round nice and helpful guy.

I agree, this forum is a wealth of knowledge and an excellent source of information. I'll tag a post to the end of the thread after the job is complete, just to close it off for any future reference