View Single Post
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 11:34   #9
sillen963

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinterland View Post
Canadian emblem collector here, that is a great collection you have. I got hooked on collecting emblems when I started searching for 242 GL emblems for my restoration of a 1977 242 GL. I had bought a new one so many years ago now, but it was not until I started to restore a 242 to the same configuration that I found out haw rare a car I had, and I started searching everywhere for those emblems, after about 4 years of collecting I finally found a complete set of NOS 242 GL emblems.
Being in Canada many specific 200 series and other cars were not offered here, So I have learned many words of Swedish, German and others to search all over the world for emblems.
I now have emblems of cars I have never heard of before, like the 244 DLS, 245 Transfer, 164 and 264 TE, and others. I have not collected from the 300 or 400 series as I do not know much about those cars.
Here is a link to my flickr photos, and you can refer to my sets or my main photo collection to see some of the items I have collected.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12663308@N06/
My 200 series collection is getting a bit out of date, and I will have a new photo up shortly. I also collect 200 series steering wheels and horn pads of other models too.
Here is a photo of emblems I am looking for at present, although I have just acquired a 245 Transfer early rear emblem
The newer 240 badges/emblems should be availble from volvo i would think? have you tried them?
If Volvo has "junked" those badges they go to Genuine Classic Parts
http://global.gcp.se/ on that site you can search all parts with the orginal parts number and find those numbers in the online parts catalog.

245 Transfer is a very rare car but i c them from time to time in traffic often used by young people as "partvans" and looking like junkie-cars,but they never have the emblems left on them

LeBreak i would think is a french "special model" so maybe try searching there or in Canada?

221 is amazon estate 1962-64 and shouldent be that hard to find in sweden at least.

The gold Volvo is early amazon rear badge from 1957-59 i think.

The "red" 164 i have no idea about maybe a single carb model with less hp for tax-reasons in some markets? never saw them on a car in sweden at least.

the 142GT is a "special model" for US but i think you knew that already.

Erik in Sweden
sillen963 is offline   Reply With Quote