View Single Post
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 23:50   #7
hinterland

Canadian emblem collector here, that is a great collection you have. I got hooked on collecting emblems when I started searching for 242 GL emblems for my restoration of a 1977 242 GL. I had bought a new one so many years ago now, but it was not until I started to restore a 242 to the same configuration that I found out haw rare a car I had, and I started searching everywhere for those emblems, after about 4 years of collecting I finally found a complete set of NOS 242 GL emblems.
Being in Canada many specific 200 series and other cars were not offered here, So I have learned many words of Swedish, German and others to search all over the world for emblems.
I now have emblems of cars I have never heard of before, like the 244 DLS, 245 Transfer, 164 and 264 TE, and others. I have not collected from the 300 or 400 series as I do not know much about those cars.
Here is a link to my flickr photos, and you can refer to my sets or my main photo collection to see some of the items I have collected.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12663308@N06/
My 200 series collection is getting a bit out of date, and I will have a new photo up shortly. I also collect 200 series steering wheels and horn pads of other models too.
Here is a photo of emblems I am looking for at present, although I have just acquired a 245 Transfer early rear emblem
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 200 series emblems needed Nov 2011.jpg (232.0 KB, 9 views)
hinterland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hinterland For This Useful Post: