View Single Post
Old Mar 29th, 2021, 11:57   #40
GDPR
USER DELETED FOLLOWING GDPR REQUEST

I see traders joining to ask to buy cars. Is there any benefit to forum members to this infiltration? I think not. Who is this forum for? Volvo lovers or chancing Del Boys? Are they paying for their membership? Where is the transparency? Again, I want no part of a forum that encourages this. Having watched 400 series cars that they have bought, inflated the prices of and then we have had to help out repair to very sad owners over on Volvo 480 Club Europe I am firm in this opinion. That this forum is encouraging them or giving them an “in” to get cheap cars is in my opinion wrong. KGF and all of them are sharks in my book and I am not sharing a car forum with them.

On another note I took a browse to the Lounge section and notice that political debate is not allowed but it seems to be a frothing gammon sort of place. I don’t want to be part of such a forum... it’s a bloody Volvo forum, leave politics out of it. What a disgrace. It is uncomfortable to read TBH and I have no faith in the admins to sort it or this trader infiltration.

I joined the VOC many years ago and was told I couldn’t possibly have any help with sourcing parts until I joined but rest assured they had loads of access to parts, manuals and contacts. They have sweet-F-A for the 480 and I thankfully quit my membership a year or two later.

I do however remain very grateful to PNuT for helping me out with my C70 when he came around with his laptop but really I have no use for this forum now. I’m done.

Last edited by GDPR; Mar 29th, 2021 at 12:04.
GDPR is offline   Reply With Quote