View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2010, 18:45   #25
Bill_56
Premier Member

Sorry for going a bit quiet (phew! say some?), I've been away on a weeks holiday in sunny Spain.

I've had a response from my dealer. Volvo have point-blank refused to give him any information regarding the software 'upgrade'. I agreed with the dealer that I will now make a formal complaint to Volvo, explaining that all attempts to resolve the issue through the dealership have failed.

@Chauffeurdude, your mpg improvement sounds good, but I worry it could just be the silver lining that hides the cloud. As I speculated earlier, one way for Volvo to reduce diesel seepage to the sump would be to adopt a less aggressive regeneration algorithm, and less aggressive regeneration could easily equate to better mpg. But less aggressive regeneration may also mean less effective regeneration, and if that ends up in 'soot filter full' messages for cars that previously ran OK, I doubt whether many owners will be happy with it.

I will next make more determined effort, in writing, to get Volvo to 'come clean' on what they're doing. But no matter how much I niggle them, they are far more likely to act if they have a large number of stroppy customers, not just one. So, if you feel as strongly as I do, can I suggest you also write to Volvo...?

Last edited by Bill_56; May 22nd, 2010 at 18:48.
Bill_56 is offline   Reply With Quote