View Single Post
Old Jul 31st, 2015, 08:42   #10
mikkey850

Thanks for the tip guys, I will get one ordered, judging by the state of the spark plugs I am guessing it hasn't received much maintenance in a few years. But I do know it has a non turbo s40 fuel pump fitted which I imagine won't be helping matters.

The symptoms I had before changing the spark plugs was spluttering under boost, the exact same feeling/sound as when the traction control kicks in (which I guess would be spark cut rather than fuel cut as it reacts pretty quick!)

That has now gone, the issue now is. even with around 3/4 of a tank of premium unleaded, when you put your foot down (say in 2nd or 3rd), the car feels like it surges slightly. It's hard to explain, it pulls really well all the time, but feels like there are little surges every now and again where it pulls harder? Only in short bursts or if you roll on to the throttle gently!

I am going to pull the new plugs and check the colour of them, my guess is that they will also be lean.

Coils looked to be in good condition, as did the plug leads.

Thanks for your help so far guys! I have never experienced a car having running issues from worn spark plugs! But then again I haven't had many turbo petrols either!

Thanks,

Mike.
mikkey850 is offline   Reply With Quote