View Single Post
Old Jul 24th, 2015, 13:18   #1
mikkey850

Default Exhaust and fuelling?

Hello all,

I recently bought a 1999 S40 T4 for pennies from a family member. And I am currently going through bringing it back to its former glory.

I have a couple of questions regarding fitments of some parts;

1) The exhaust has snapped between the first silencer and the joint to the cat converter section. I was wondering if the middle section of the exhaust is the same as other S40s? I.e the 1.8 or 2.0 litre models, as there are a few at our local scrap yard with great condition exhausts, or would they be too smaller diameter? Failing that the only one I can find for reasonable money is made by Clarius, which are terrible for rot!

2) I was warned that the fuel pump had been replaced by one from a smaller engined S40, I am not sure which engine but I assume it won't be able to keep up with the demand of the T4 under high boost? The car seems to cut for a second or so when held at WOT in 3rd/4th as the revs build up, could this be pump related? Seems worse when under 1/4 of a tank and happens when low on fuel and cornering!

Can anyone recommend a decent aftermarket replacement for the standard T4 pump, as they seem very expensive new at around £270!

Any input would be great!

Thanks,

Mike.
mikkey850 is offline   Reply With Quote