View Single Post
Old Apr 13th, 2022, 19:20   #24
paultyler1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltec View Post
I think you'll find he is mincing about because he has just spent 7000 euros and believes he still has the same problem. How much could the end bill be? You must make your money a lot easier than the rest of us. His first mistake was reading posts like yours that the only garages that can fix xc90s is a main dealer.
He is struggling and worried due to the high costs and came onto the forum hoping to get help and all you can do is criticise him.
You beat me to it! Perhaps it was missed that I had already paid for the repair and, now, 5000 miles later exactly the same symptoms are there. To answer the question, no the dipstick isn't being blown out. I can't buy an inexpensive compression tester because (a) I doubt if I could get an injector out (b) I doubt if I could get a glowplug out and (c) the engine won't run because as soon as I start it the hose blows off or the valve splits. Reading on the internet, all my symptoms are exactly what indicates a blocked valve.
My gripe is with the main dealer who didn't carry out any testing of the turbo, has never done a compression or cylinder leakage test and has never examined the pcv valve. When they replaced the turbo there was never any investigation as to why the turbo had failed and I gather that excessive crankcase pressure caused by a blocked pcv valve can lead to oil seal failures in turbos. I'm now being told that I have to pay for all the investigation work. I've contacted Volvo France and Volvo International but they are not interested.

I'm not too worried about the money and I've just bought a V90 but I didn't want to buy a new car as I was hoping the XC would last me for another 5 years until electric/hydrogen power was more convenient. At the moment the XC is virtually worthless and I just want the issue resolved.

Incidently, I've always gone to a main dealer for servicing/repairs as I thought I'd get a good deal - that was a big mistake!
Fiat 500 Dolcevita

Last edited by paultyler1; Apr 13th, 2022 at 19:25.
paultyler1 is offline   Reply With Quote