View Single Post
Old Jun 27th, 2022, 22:13   #8
rogerthechorister
Rogerthechorister

Default A different problem

My B234F spent a year with a bloke who was doing mostly welding underneath but very slowly as he is in the process of dying from a pulmonary embolism.

There were also some pinholes around the windscreen trims presumably thanks to mechanised windscreen fitters who use incautious cutting tools to take windscreens out, fubar the paint, and just slap sealant in and the trims back so rust can develop. So, windscreen out and he did some pretty skilled welding. and some primering where it would not notice too much

Leaving out some parts of the story, he tried to refit the screen in the coldest bits of last winter and between the cold and his feebleness thanks to the embolism - when he went to put the trims back the screen was too proud so for some months I have been driving about with no trims. Waterproof, but embarrassing.

The medium term plan is windscreen out again, respray car at considerable cost but there is microbubbling so lacquer peel cannot be far away, refit windscreen. I have new trims at HUGE expense but this thread is worrying me. Somebody give me some good news!
940 Sport M90 estate, N reg 100k miles, ex Lovejoy.
960 Estate, N reg, 56k miles, blown up and sold.
rogerthechorister is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rogerthechorister For This Useful Post: