View Single Post
Old Mar 26th, 2024, 21:30   #13
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottedhaggis View Post
Thanks everyone for the info.
I have almost everything, just waiting for the oil, oil filter, air filter and fuel filter.

Having had to replace both piece of the charge pipe a couple of times now, I am very comfy with removal of the underside.

Anything I need to know about changing the fuel filter? on the Audi it was a metal can, pull of the pipes from the old, empty the contents into a jug and fill the new filter then connec tthe pipes again
Its different to Audi - There's no pipes to pull off. Its a paper filter inside a plastic housing underneath the car (towards the rear). You'll need to jack the rear of the car up or have it on ramps to get good access.

You need a 32mm ring spanner to undo the filter housing. If you haven't got one, you'll need a 32mm socket, rachet and an extension of some sort. Space is pretty tight because of the rear anti-rollbar. I think the ring spanner works best. There's two nuts on the filter housing... one is a drain (18mm) and the other is the 32mm one to undo the whole housing. You can drain it first if you want by undoing the 18mm nut, but make sure you have something to catch the fuel. You can reuse the o-rings on the drain plug. Personally, I don't touch the drain plug... I just undo the whole housing and have a big tray to catch the fuel.

Once the new filter is in place and the housing is secure, you need to prime it. Do this by getting in the car and holding the start button without your foot on the brake pedal. Repeat that a few times (3 or 4 should be fine), you'll hear the filter filling with fuel.

Then start the car as you normally would and check for leaks. Don't forget to replace the rubber sealing ring on the inside of the plastic housing. Your new filter should come with a new rubber.

Don't go crazy tightening the plastic housing, it can crack easily. Just screw it on by hand as much as you can, then just give it a gentle tug extra with your 32mm spanner or socket and leave it at that. There's no need for excessive force.

Last edited by Kev0607; Mar 26th, 2024 at 21:47.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote