View Single Post
Old Jan 20th, 2022, 12:03   #156
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesisthewarlock View Post
Dave,

you may want to consider this idea again that Lakes (Wyboston) think it is an easier job than I or others did and have apparently already sent a 200 owner in the UK one to fit.

They have T6 twin turbos selling to us RWD nutters who want to try fitting that transvere engine in their classic Volvo!

Oh it appeals to me but I have enough Volvo's in my life right now and would need to level the front garden to get some parking for a third!

I wouldn't want to "spoil" the Goddess by putting a short block six in her.. although I wonder if you could get the turbos to fit her longer block without butchering the bonnet line?

Anyway just taken my second does of Poison whilst playing Poison from Alice Cooper now for my "normal" medication with my fringers tingling again with nins and peedles it's hard to trype so I must away and get the tyre pressue monitor out for my ambulance
That may well be correct on a Volvo Ben. Not on my gold beastie though.

You probably could fit turbos to your existing engine in your 960 but with all the other mods you'd need to make sure it runs right, i doubt it would be a worthwhile conversion. If you'd bought the car with no engine that would be different, just drop a T6 in, sort the exhaust and engine management, enjoy. With your existing engine you'd need to drop the compression ratio a fair bit and possibly alter the engine management.

Have fun inspecting your ambulance, should amuse the crew if nowt else!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: