View Single Post
Old Jan 20th, 2022, 07:16   #155
nemesisthewarlock
3.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
That's a very good price for fitting! I need to replace the rear front subframe on my own gold beastie (there are two front subframes, a rear one and a front one and a longtitudinal link between them on it) and based on the work involved, i expect it to be 3-4 hours work for a fully equipped garage - i'm doing it myself so expect it will be 3-4 days work instead.
Yours sounds like a couple of hours work which is a lot less!

Hopefully you won't end up nailed to a daisy or swimming with the perches anytime soon and all will be well, an S80 V8 is still on my lottery list but my winnings need to improve first - last win covered 8 gallons of BP Ultimate unleaded and that was it!
That said i should have a nice chunk of change coming my way in about 15 months time so maybe i'll treat myself then although if i do it will be a toss up between an S80 V8 and a Lexus LS400 Mk1 although the thought of a respray for my gold beastie is still contending with those ideas!
Dave,

you may want to consider this idea again that Lakes (Wyboston) think it is an easier job than I or others did and have apparently already sent a 200 owner in the UK one to fit.

They have T6 twin turbos selling to us RWD nutters who want to try fitting that transvere engine in their classic Volvo!

Oh it appeals to me but I have enough Volvo's in my life right now and would need to level the front garden to get some parking for a third!

I wouldn't want to "spoil" the Goddess by putting a short block six in her.. although I wonder if you could get the turbos to fit her longer block without butchering the bonnet line?

Anyway just taken my second does of Poison whilst playing Poison from Alice Cooper now for my "normal" medication with my fringers tingling again with nins and peedles it's hard to trype so I must away and get the tyre pressue monitor out for my ambulance

Last edited by nemesisthewarlock; Jan 20th, 2022 at 07:29.
nemesisthewarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nemesisthewarlock For This Useful Post: