View Single Post
Old Jan 20th, 2022, 00:49   #154
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesisthewarlock View Post
That's supply only another £140 plus vat for fitting..

I had a long and interesting talk with Lakes (Wyboston on the A1) and shorter but informative chat with the parts peeps at Clive Brooks who gave me the part number and confirmed the pricing and that the subframe is unique to the V8.

It may have been a PITA of a week so far but progress on me and the cars is being made.

If I do end up nailed to a perch when I should be pushing up the daisies it will be nice to leave two big beautiful fat slag Volvos behind
That's a very good price for fitting! I need to replace the rear front subframe on my own gold beastie (there are two front subframes, a rear one and a front one and a longtitudinal link between them on it) and based on the work involved, i expect it to be 3-4 hours work for a fully equipped garage - i'm doing it myself so expect it will be 3-4 days work instead.
Yours sounds like a couple of hours work which is a lot less!

Hopefully you won't end up nailed to a daisy or swimming with the perches anytime soon and all will be well, an S80 V8 is still on my lottery list but my winnings need to improve first - last win covered 8 gallons of BP Ultimate unleaded and that was it!
That said i should have a nice chunk of change coming my way in about 15 months time so maybe i'll treat myself then although if i do it will be a toss up between an S80 V8 and a Lexus LS400 Mk1 although the thought of a respray for my gold beastie is still contending with those ideas!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: