Thread: 940 Holiday
View Single Post
Old Jun 16th, 2022, 21:35   #11
volvo always
Premier Member

So glad everything went well. To be expected with a 940.

My longest trip around 3 years ago was a trip to the west coast of Ireland as Renovating a holiday home.

The 1989 240 GLT made it several times and stayed for 2 months no major issues except gearbox auto cooler pipes sprang huge leak. Got some from Tralee Volvo and delivered by friends to me. Fitted them on the drive with just a basic tool kit.

The following year, went in my 1996 Volvo 940 and was a bit anxious for the first few hours to Fishguard., but after a while moved the pace on a bit as only doing around 60mph. Drove straight from the Midlands to Fishguard stopping for 5 mins for a wee and a bit more fuel. Onto the ferry and arrived at Rosslare with car full and started the 4 hour drive to the West Coast near Abbeyfeale, County Limerick. Thankfully ran great except got a bit tail happy at a roundabout, as raining and car had cheap tyres. Came with the car, but can't complain as the 940 was only £250. Fitted Michelins on return.

Now only does local jobs. Lucky for me all work jobs have been within a 40 minute drive. 940 is my work van!

James.
volvo always is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to volvo always For This Useful Post: