Thread: 240 vs 740
View Single Post
Old Jan 16th, 2014, 21:22   #26
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prufrock View Post
As I've said before it is unfair to criticise a car for a failed headlining (a relatively easy fix anyway) and the failings your 740 had probably due to uncaring previous owners - people who buy cheap cars rarely spend money on them!

For my part I bought a 240DL in December last year and it has caused me more heartache in a couple of months than our 1986 740 has since 1987.

Advice has been thin on the ground (apart from two generous folk) sorry, but I'm just trying to save this one owner car from the scrappy.

Disenchanted Jon.
I agree that each car deserves a fair hearing. The 740 I had was in poor condition due to poor maintenance which supports your point. Once sorted, it served me well. The 740 has its virtues as a car.

I'm replying because you say help re your 240 DL has been thin on the ground. I have found the experienced forum members very helpful. Maybe nobody knew quite how to help re your queries? Please re-start your requests for help? From what I see in the forum, the experienced people love a tricky to diagnose problem and will help, help, help ...
Stephen Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stephen Edwin For This Useful Post: