Thread: 240 General: - New (to me) 1980 Volvo 244
View Single Post
Old Aug 2nd, 2021, 23:02   #2600
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
Good eve chaps,

This may be a very silly idea, but I’m going to air it anyway.

I’ve just been watching an episode of ‘Flipping Bangers’ (great TV) in which Will and Gus wrap a MR2 in a nice blue colour for £250. It occurred to me that the RB would be much easier because it is three big boxes with no curves.

My question is: has anyone out there ever wrapped a 244 (or any other 240)? If so how did it come out? I’m a bit tempted to get a £250 roll of dark metallic green vinyl and get Clarkie to give me a hand wrapping the RB one day before the end of summer.

Have I had too many fizzy drinks?

Alan
I would retire for the evening and take Horlicks if i were you Alan, have another think in the morning as to whether you condier it a good idea still.

If you've ever applied large self-adhesive decals or tried tinting your windows with film or similar, think about how that went.

If it went smoothly (in all senses of the word) then maybe give it a go. If it didn't and you ended up with some scrap material, imagine how you'd feel if that was £250 worth of scrap material!

Also worth a look :

https://youtu.be/TXZZCRcGLY8

Disclaimer - she can be a potty-mouth at times!

Also something else to bear in mind - if the bodywork isn't absolutely glass-smooth, it WILL show up under the film

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: