View Single Post
Old Jun 13th, 2021, 11:03   #19
Mm1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltmv60 View Post
Hi guy’s. Picked up a new V60 b3 a month back and unfortunately had the same issue on 3 separate occasions, all while my partner was driving the car, twice with our 12 month old son in the vehicle and the third time when she was on her way to work at 5.30am!
So first occasion she went to start the vehicle and fault appeared, called Volvo out but by time the mechanic had turned up, fault had gone, so nothing done.
Week later fault happens again. This time fault is still there when mechanic arrives, he say’s its a known fault and bad on Volvo for selling us the car as they know about the issue. He fit’s a copper part to the battery that is designed to fix the issue, resets the software and car is back up and running again.
Until the following morning when my partner sets out to work, gets a mile down the road and fault happens again! Manage to get the car back home and another phone call to Volvo, this time they arrange for recovery to local dealership as it’s 3rd time.
Volvo had the car 4 day’s ordered the same part that had already been fitted, despite my partner telling them it had already been done. So had it an extra day. Told my partner it was an issue with the conductive pins on the battery so changed those. Had it back 3 day’s and no fault yet, so fingers crossed issue is now solved. Just got to take car back in now as one of my alloy’s now has a scuff on it that wasn’t there before.
Wow that sounds like a horrific experience. My anxiety would be through the roof every journey.

How many trips have you done on the whole? I got my B3 about a month ago and done quite a lot of trips of varying length with a few gaps. Just trying to work out whether my cars a ticking time bomb or if I’ve got lucky.
Mm1988 is offline   Reply With Quote