View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2021, 23:07   #7
Saftlad

Quote:
Originally Posted by St Evelyn View Post
Don't know if you're an iPhone user, but last I heard Android Automotive didn't support Apple CarPlay, although (unsurprisingly) it does support Android Auto.

I use CarPlay a lot so this would likely be a deal breaker for me if I were in the market for a new car. Appreciate the point about it getting regular updates but the Polestar 2 has been out for around a year now, so it's clearly not top of the development backlog. Mind you, a cynical person might suggest that's intentional as they want to use this as a tool to encourage migration from iOS to Android..
I'm an Android user, so not an issue, however given the number of car manufacturers jumping onto AAOS, I can't believe that they would not incorporate some form of CarPlay or connectivity, it would alienate too many users.

Though having said that, I'm not sure that AAOS is designed as a means of connecting to a phone, but rather a complete system that replaces the need for the phone other than to take/make calls which could be handled over BLE. AAOS is there to control and manage the whole infotainment system so Google would want you to use their systems for as much as possible to increase integration and pull you further into their ecosystem.
Saftlad is offline   Reply With Quote