View Single Post
Old Oct 3rd, 2023, 10:09   #3
Japster

I tow with my V60 Twin Engine PHEV, it's useful in traffic to crawl along on battery but overall mpg whilst towing isn't going to be impacted much on long distances as the engine is going to be on most of the time whilst towing.

As Ulrikas PA says in the V60 PHEV you can "save" the battery for the slow roads or the end of your journey whilst cruising on the motorway.

What i like especially about my car is that you can command an incredible extra 200NM and 70 BHP of power for the hills at the touch of a button when you need it, then recharge the battery on the way back down the other side.

Another benefit of towing with the Gen 1 V60 PHEV is the battery is in the boot so gives amazing towing stability. The Volvo factory fitted towbar/electrics also interface with the vehicle stability control so can detect a snaking situation and auto-brake individual wheels to get the situation back under control.

I think the later PHEVs have their battery positioned in the central tunnel so probably not the same help with stability but the extra weight would surely help.