View Single Post
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 14:07   #20
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk546 View Post
Yes, it was me although it wasn't that they neglected to install the Polestar Optimisation after the update, my car is the Polestar Engineered model and after the original software update, it felt very different and much worse to drive. I took it back to the dealership, pointed out to the technician that it was a Polestar Engineered model, not an R-Design with Polestar optimisation to which they 'found' a further update to install onto my car.
The next day, following the new 'update', I received the car back thankfully feeling as it did originally with a note on the job card saying 'Polestar Engineered software installed' although there was no explanation as to what originally happened.
Make of that what you will but for me, its clear a different models software can be installed onto a car overwriting whatever was originally there and yes, it made a very noticeable difference.

Its impossible to put wrong software into a volvo , the software package is put together at volvo sweden when you order it to suit that particular model . Now there may have been an error written in one of the software packages , then the dealer connects the car to sweden for their engineers to alter and download the software manually .... that's very rare however ...