View Single Post
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 12:13   #19
sk546
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
I have a vague recollection of someone on here having a software update at a service, but the service dept., neglecting the fact that he had Polestar, and so effectively overwriting the polestar upgrade.

Wouldn't swear my recollection was accurate, though, might not even be possible to do that. Not sure how you would check either.
Yes, it was me although it wasn't that they neglected to install the Polestar Optimisation after the update, my car is the Polestar Engineered model and after the original software update, it felt very different and much worse to drive. I took it back to the dealership, pointed out to the technician that it was a Polestar Engineered model, not an R-Design with Polestar optimisation to which they 'found' a further update to install onto my car.
The next day, following the new 'update', I received the car back thankfully feeling as it did originally with a note on the job card saying 'Polestar Engineered software installed' although there was no explanation as to what originally happened.
Make of that what you will but for me, its clear a different models software can be installed onto a car overwriting whatever was originally there and yes, it made a very noticeable difference.

Previous - MY20 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered - Onyx Black - Sensus
sk546 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sk546 For This Useful Post: