View Single Post
Old Aug 5th, 2021, 08:43   #24
Org

Doing an egr delete may possibly cause higher Nox but remember even with the egr working only some of the engines exhaust gas is recycled the rest goes out of the exhaust as normal . My son has a BMW 320d 2011 model and has had to clean his inlet manifold twice, once when he purchased the car with 120k miles on it and out of curiosity at 130k 5 months later, he does mainly dual carriage way driving at 70mph to and from work every day and occasionally short journeys, I advised him to use only good fuel which he does ( Shell V power ) The first clean of the inlet and egr was surprising as the cross sectional area had been reduced by about half there was a 10mm build up of crud right through the manifold, itook a couple of hours to clean everything. The second time he removed it there was a build up of thick black goo, obviously oil and soot so this was once again cleaned and this time an egr delete kit fitted. Before anyone says it, all parts of the egr and crankcase ventilation were working correctly everything was as it should be. He will be removing the manifold again in a few weeks to see how things have faired but is expecting everything b to be good.
Emissions emissions running a vehicle with an egr delete or even a dpf removed is an mot failure and can mean a fine but people will do it and the number that do is probably quite small compared with those that don't. People who are mechanically savvy understand what's going on with there vehicles and want to keep them running as long as possible and efficiently as possible , whilst most people live in a disposable world not even understanding service schedules for there vehicles. So the amount of pollution put out by a few is probably negligible compared to the many , and when you see the fires in Turkey and Greece how much pollution are they contributing, the people of these countries have lost everything including loved ones, yes there is a heat bubble over the countries due to global warming they say but also some stupid person/people who have started some of the fires. Facts are that the planet goes through heating and cooling cycles we as man may have contributed to it but it would happen anyway maybe not as quickly but it would happen. Governments produce figures to suit there agenda's and whats popular at the present time. We don't have the infrastructure for massive numbers of electric vehicle charging, the technology is in its infancy but its being pushed upon us, so we have to accept without argument and if you dare to question or argue against the fashion politics your an outcast or neanderthal and selfish, how dare you. ANYWAY egr delete I would ,is it legal no , umber of people doing it probably very small impact on the environment we are already up the creek with a very very small paddle.
I shall now retreat to the trenches put my feet up have a coffee and await the barrage .
Org is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Org For This Useful Post: