View Single Post
Old Jun 18th, 2021, 08:05   #2
Polestar Pete
Polestar

You'll have seen YouTube reviews of the T8 will floor it and get all excited about the acceleration.

Yes, it's fun, but you won't do it a lot. Volvos aren't handling cars and they don't really like to be driven fast. The experience you had in your Audi, you won't find here (even with 400bhp of T8), and you won't "feel" the road in the same way you did with the Audi.

If you want comfort and performance, I'd suggest a Macan - I had one previously and they're very comfortable and satisfying when it comes to Sport mode. Mine was the 3.0V6 Diesel and it easily averaged 45mpg - a lot more than I'm getting out of my current T8 when it's exhausted the electric range.

Even with nearly-new cars, you'll probably get the old Sensus infortainment system. While everything looks cool on the big touch-screen, it's pretty horrible to use when you're on the move unless you have a voice that's well-suited to issuing voice commands.

I know I'm dumping a bit on Volvos here, but I've done the same thing as you - gone from a performance-oriented car to a Volvo and kind of assuming I'd get the same thing. I didn't, even with 115 more bhp.

If you're really thinking of a plug-in hybrid, think about the journeys you make - if you're exceeding that 21 miles, then you'll be lugging that big battery around on a 2ltr petrol engine. For trips under 21 miles, you'll be teasing at the accelerator, trying to eek out as much range as you can.

XC60 T8 R Design Pro
Polestar Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Polestar Pete For This Useful Post: