View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2021, 10:07   #499
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSaintJames View Post
Interesting you should say that Dave as it was what I had planned to do, however the tube of threadlock said for closed-end bolt holes, to apply the threadlock in the hole.

I'm looking at tyres this morning, i'm off Friday so want to book two new ones for the new front alloys. Is there any particular Bridgestones you'd recommend Luke? D The shortlist so far is:

-Goodyear efficientgrip performance 2: B/A/68 (fuel/wet grip/noise) - current favourite, had these on several cars now and they are brilliant! Quiet comfortable and grippy. £60.50 each

-Bridgestone Ecopia EP150: A/A/69 - a little more expensive than above, but better fuel rating, important that £62.99 each

Both qualify for £10 off with a discount code on asdatyres.com, there are no Pirellis or Falkens on their wesbite interestingly.
Never seen any instructions like that on threadlock before Tom, always gone with putting it on the bolt as that's where it was originally.

I'd swerve the Goodyears if i was you, there have been many cases of the tyres cracking up prematurely, some of them on here!

Are there no independent tyre places round your neck of the woods?

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyr...n&m%5B46%5D=on

If that link works, it should list some options for Pirelli, Bridgestone and Falken. Fitting and delivery are listed if you click the button top left with the three lines in it. If memory serves Luke likes the Bridgestone Turanza T005 but i might be wrong.

*** EDIT ***

https://www.asdatyres.co.uk/195-65-1...load_index=all

First result in that link is the Bridgestone Turanza T005 Tom, using the code gives you £20 ofAsda vouchers on 2 or more tyres.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........

Last edited by Laird Scooby; May 4th, 2021 at 10:37.
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: