View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2021, 12:19   #13
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
Perhaps Venomtail should place a wanted ad in the Luleå Gazette and Chronicle:

Wanted: Volvo 245 1974-79, must be in really good condition and capable of long touring journeys across Europe. Pay up to 10,000 SEK. Call Venomtail on 0044-7XXXXXXXXX.

This has been a good discussion, unfortunately the only person missing from it has been Venontail - I do so hope we will see him/her again...

:-)
Agreed, Alan. It's really strange and frustrating when people start the ball rolling and then appear to quickly lose interest and vanish off into the ether.

Although you perhaps intended it as 'tongue in cheek', I like the idea of an ad in a Swedish paper. English is widely spoken in Sweden and finding a car at £1,000 (give or take) should not be beyond the realms of possibility. It would undoubtedly require work, but 'Venomtail' did indicate that he was looking for a project, but it would hopefully be relatively rust-free.

There is also a magazine which circulates in Sweden called Nostalgia (www.nostalgiamagazine.se) that covers cars, along with bikes, boats, planes, etc., and which has a very comprehensive advertisement section which would offer much wider coverage than would a local newspaper

The only downsides of this will be that the car would be a left-hooker, although that didn't seem to phase 'Venomtail', along with the difficulty and cost of bringing it to the UK. At that price-point, my guess is that it could easily double the cost of the car!

Nevertheless, as you say, an interesting discussion.

Regards, John.