View Single Post
Old Apr 29th, 2021, 14:12   #495
TomSaintJames

Today has seen the handbrake gubbins back in, as promised. I had forgotten how fiddly the damn springs are! I am very glad I made the big spend on a spring tool (it was 1.99 ). Blood handbrake shoes have scratched my paint though! New flexi's on too. Smart

When Luke and I were battling with the wheel adaptors, wieldng the angle grinder of destruction, one of the discs got caught so sensible chap that Luke is, he brought a pair of decent used rear discs. They were a bit rusty though!

Before:

After:

They're tucked away in a bag with a nice coating of WD40 to stop any more rust, especially after all my efforts to remove the bloody stuff! I used a wire brush followed by 80 grit and 240 grit. They've come up pretty good, so hopefully the MOT man will be happy.

That is the Volvo content of today sorted, i'll ring Bigg red about the calipers then I need to get on with a tomato planter for the conservatory that the OH has been on at me for! We've gone for 2 grafted plants this year rather than seed grown, one grafted plant is supposed to yield the same as several standard plants so we'll see how that goes, less watering and feeding etc suits me just fine.
1991 Saab 900i 2.0 16v Convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE
TomSaintJames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomSaintJames For This Useful Post: