View Single Post
Old Jan 24th, 2023, 16:00   #29
RDesign4Life
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey_xc90 View Post
Update on how I resolved my issue on my 15 V60 3.0l Polestar - the root cause of the problems looks to be the rear wash wipe hose which goes under the glove box. Removing this showed staining from the screenwash where it was spurting out at the joint (circled in red). This then was dropping down onto a high speed canbus connection (circled in orange) which when enough reached there was crashing the canbus system.

This meant that the car often ended up undrivable as the canbus network running all the modules was shorting to earth. Was solved (hopefully!) but cutting off the end of the hose which had gotten loose over time (and now secured with a small cable tie). All connectors will be checked and contact cleaner used on them.

Others have mentioned this as well but not with an explicit picture like this behind the glovebox. Main dealer tried to diagnose but the typical way of chasing via electrical diagnostic didn't work. Didn't help that it appeared the alternator had gone and not always putting out the current needed - this was replaced in dec and when the car failed again last weekend allowed this final diagnosis (after 2 1/2 years!) and 5 breakdowns..

So if you are only getting the electrical errors when it is cold/grotty road conditons and using the rear wash wipe regularly then this could well be the issue you are having!
D1ckhead designers - running water pipes in concealed areas directly above sensitive electronics. If they had routed the rear wash wipe feed up and through headliner at least you would be alerted to a visible wet patch if it leaked rather than a full electrical shutdown of the car!

So after the dealer has failed on previous occasions to diagnose the problem correctly and has instead carried out unnecessary repairs at your cost they will now presumably be offering to refund you in light of their earlier incompetence?

Last edited by RDesign4Life; Jan 24th, 2023 at 16:05.
RDesign4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RDesign4Life For This Useful Post: