View Single Post
Old Jan 24th, 2023, 15:42   #28
bluey_xc90

Update on how I resolved my issue on my 15 V60 3.0l Polestar - the root cause of the problems looks to be the rear wash wipe hose which goes under the glove box. Removing this showed staining from the screenwash where it was spurting out at the joint (circled in red). This then was dropping down onto a high speed canbus connection (circled in orange) which when enough reached there was crashing the canbus system.

This meant that the car often ended up undrivable as the canbus network running all the modules was shorting to earth. Was solved (hopefully!) but cutting off the end of the hose which had gotten loose over time (and now secured with a small cable tie). All connectors will be checked and contact cleaner used on them.

Others have mentioned this as well but not with an explicit picture like this behind the glovebox. Main dealer tried to diagnose but the typical way of chasing via electrical diagnostic didn't work. Didn't help that it appeared the alternator had gone and not always putting out the current needed - this was replaced in dec and when the car failed again last weekend allowed this final diagnosis (after 2 1/2 years!) and 5 breakdowns..

So if you are only getting the electrical errors when it is cold/grotty road conditons and using the rear wash wipe regularly then this could well be the issue you are having!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2907.jpg (278.1 KB, 30 views)
bluey_xc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluey_xc90 For This Useful Post: