View Single Post
Old Jan 18th, 2022, 21:27   #23
bluey_xc90

This failure you have seen sounds very similar to what I've seen in my 2015 V60 Polestar engineered 3.0l. I've now had it experience why I can only explain as a hard crash of multiple systems in the car whilst driving - ending up with the engine cutting out, brake and power steering assist going in a dashboard which looks like a christmas tree.

Main dealer cannot find anything from diagnostics - it is with them at the moment. When it "crashed" the car was unable to restart, or release the braking system so had to be dragged onto a flatbed. We suspect the battery could be causing some issues, potentially not charging so causing the voltage to drop below a certain level and cause canbus system crashes. I'm getting them to put in a new genuine battery and also BMS sensor in case that has some intermittent fault (alternator tests good).

No evidence of earth fault, wear on cables or water ingress but will recheck when I get it back later this week. Interesting to see how the SRS module could be causing it elsewhere, sounds like a systemic failure as cars on this platform age?
bluey_xc90 is offline   Reply With Quote