View Single Post
Old Sep 6th, 2021, 20:10   #5
Pupbelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc1267 View Post
You could really do with an accurate boost gauge and also as regards to lack of power it all depends on what you are comparing to. I have said before in previous posts that I find the standard T5 engine lazy especially compared to modern cars.
Once you have an accurate reading of the boost pressure firstly I would get back to basics check or better replace all the vacuum hoses and check all boost hoses intercooler ect for leaks I use a smoke Pro for this. I remember on my me7 v70r it was the wastegate control valve caused an issue where the car would be savagely quick then nearly no boost
I’ve ordered some replacement 5mm silicone pipe plus clips and I’ll replace the lines from the turbo to the turbo control valve (the thing with the coloured lines leading to it) although one of them seems to connect almost under the turbo which looks a cow to get at!
If that offers nothing then I’ll do the intercooler pipes.

I would have thought a T5-R with circa 240bhp would have a good shove when on boost.

One thing I noticed tonight, if I rev the car with the airbox lid lifted I can hear the turbo but there’s a momentary whistle briefly, not turbo whistle and actual as though a person were to whistle a short sharp “peep” as you blip the throttle. Is this an indication of a leak somewhere that is being voiced through the airbox lid??

All thoughts welcomed!!
Pupbelly is offline   Reply With Quote