View Single Post
Old Jun 7th, 2022, 17:21   #3
Ashmere

Yes I have probs, main issue is the not uncommon "anti skid service/brake failure flashing up every 200yds and engine dropping to idle speed only, no throttle response, wipers intermittent turning themselves on, loss of gauges/dials and indicators.
Car was previously trouble free bar just having 2 rear springs fitted for mot.
Some days it's fine but yesterday cut out 6 times in half mile, my wife now flatly refuses to drive it as it cut on her on the busy A17 full of hgv's and frightened her to death.
I have today spent several hours removing the CEM and meticulously inspecting and cleaning all the contacts which made no difference wotsoever with the car managing a few hundred yards before grinding to a halt once again and again and again....
Sometimes it's dead on the key sometimes it fires back up the warnings disappear, then reappear, just pot luck how far you're gonna get, it's becoming more persistent not necessarily on hot or wet days it's just random not triggered by braking, steering or any driver actions, it just does it, the same anti skid/brake failure warning.
We've had a few sensors replaced in the last year or two but these are not the issue
My auto elec man has said the SWM is most likely the root problem but I'm loathed to shell out to find I'm back at square one.
Previous to this the car was running fine with no issues
It's becoming a pain in my wallet and in hindsight I should have brought a Toyota
I expect the car will ultimately get scrapped very soon if I can't find a cheap ish resolution.
Buy a volvo they said-last you a lifetime
My ass.
Then I found out it was a Ford.
Ashmere is offline   Reply With Quote