View Single Post
Old Nov 29th, 2021, 09:04   #5
smithsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk546 View Post
After taking my MY20 XC60 Polestar Engineered in for its second service today, I thought I'd have a chat with the sales team to discuss its possible replacement as the new MY23 T8's have been blessed with a bigger battery and more powerful electric motor, both of which would make the drive much more useful, however, to my disappointment, the sales guy informed me that the Polestar Engineered (along with the Momentum, R-design and Inscription specs) are being dropped from the line-up and being streamlined into 3 specs (Core, Plus and Ultimate as previously reported in other posts).
None of the new specs will include the key options (for me anyway) used on the Polestar Engineered models as these will apparently be left for the Polestar brand to use on their fully electric cars. As such, any replacement of our current car will not be in the Volvo brand so looks like I will be heading elsewhere for my next car.

Oh well, back to the drawing board trying to find the next workhorse I suppose!!
I'm with you I managed to order a new Polestar about 2 weeks before they discontinued it, I went for it as it was a great rival to my other choice M340i the deal and overall package was much better in the Volvo but if the Polestar is no more this will be my 1 and only new Volvo.
smithsc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smithsc For This Useful Post: