Thread: Stereo/DVD: - DIY RSE Solution
View Single Post
Old Jun 17th, 2011, 12:59   #58
dtb80

Default RSE Wiring

David

Thanks this is the post & the man I've been looking for!

I've got the factory fit RSE with DVD changer & wireless h/phone transmitter etc (no headphones but built in rear 3.5 sockets) but the bloody thing doesn't work!!
I've spent all week weighing up different options of replacing everything but if you don't mind answering a few Q's might have a go at something like yours.

The screens both power up but say "No Input Signal", the DVD player makes a noise like its working and the remote allows you to "Disc Up" and change through but no sound from anywhere.
On the factory fit the wiring is hanging under the front seats and I think theres just a loose connection somewhere, poss previous owners kids kicked loose, but I don't know what the wires are for ie power, av, etc. Any ideas? it's a square clip on the end with 4 holes.
Also if I still can't get it to work, could I use the existing wiring from volvo headrests to link to another input like a portable DVD player powered on cig lighter socket?

Any help would be great as I really don't want to rebuy whats already in if I can help it!! Every garage I've been to (inc Volvo) just shrugged and said "they're knackered! live with it"
Damien
dtb80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dtb80 For This Useful Post: