View Single Post
Old Jun 28th, 2022, 08:33   #23
montecarlos

The car was serviced by the dealer when I bought it, Volvo dealer. Full service history etc.

I know it's hard to say if there's something wrong, I can only base it off my own experience with my driving route / style. The issue for me is that I've done drives now with this car that would be getting me closer to 60mpg in other cars I've had. I'm talking sat behind traffic slip streaming @ 50mph with a right foot like a ballerina. I've done this same drive for 6 years in 4 different cars and this is somehow the worst one, even when including a 3.0TDI 272hp Audi A4, which I drove like a maniac.

The main reason I bought this car was to eliminate costs as my friend who I car share with is leaving the company I work at, so I'm going to be driving every day. The main costs I can eliminate are the outstanding costs of the loan I have for the A4, but diesel usage being cut down would have been a bonus - especially with it being £2 a L.

So, the MPG isn't the end of the world as such but I don't want to be in a position where I discover my engine is clogged with soot etc and that's what has caused the issues.

I do have a bottle of redex, will throw that in and see if it helps.

Last edited by montecarlos; Jun 28th, 2022 at 08:43.
montecarlos is offline   Reply With Quote