View Single Post
Old Jun 24th, 2022, 20:37   #22
johnnyoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecarlos View Post
I have tried to be extremely light footed that's when I hit the highest.

With ECO+ mode on too, but it's too hot at the moment for that as it turns off the AC.

My 33 mile drive is 60mpg single lane A roads/B roads and a few villages @ 30mph along the way. Some rolling hills. I suspect the Volvo is tuned for good MPG when cruising motorways rather than the 60mph winding roads.

I get on a duel carriage way about 2 miles long @ 50mph and the whole drive down there it's reading 70-99mpg, it's a nice and flat straight road.

I'm yet to drive it on a motorway since the first day I got it, but it did seem to do nicely MPG wise that day so perhaps I just have to accept it's a motorway cruiser
Hi just a couple of points you may find useful .
When you select eco+ just turn the aircon back on if you want to use it , the other eco+ functions still work .
I like the eco+ mainly for the way it adjusts the gear change and then there is the coasting .
Gears 7 and 8 are both overdrive gears and my car only just gets into 7th at 50 mph and the engine revs are at approx 1300 so you may not be in top gear when you think you are , it will eventually select 8th but it can take some time . At 50mph in 8th you can feel the engine begining to labour (approx 1200rpm)
I would also add if you are getting 48mpg over that commute then you are doing pretty good . I can get that but only on a decent longish trip
Anyway hope this helps
johnnyoro is offline   Reply With Quote